Wednesday, January 4, 2012

# 18

It was a bit difficult to fit in reading actual books that weren't textbooks before school ended but I tried to make up for it over the holidays by squeezing in some extra book time.  Spending Christmas at the beach definitely helped achieve this goal :)  

Book 1:  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn  - Absolutely love this book, I am not sure why I hadn't read it yet.



Book 2:  The Hunger Games - I don't usually go for teen books though I will admit I was a fan of the Twilight Series.  When I started reading that series the rude Barnes and Noble employee who sold me the book told me I was a sell-out for joining the "band-wagon."  I obviously could have cared less and bought the book anyway because I like to think that I am not too good or trendy for the "bandwagon." The Hunger Games seems like its starting to be a similarly "trendy, bandwagon book" but all I have to say about that is sometimes there is a bandwagon for a reason.  Sometimes the Bandwagon is a really awesome place to be.  So you should read this book too because it is awesome.  Can't wait to read the 2nd in the trilogy! 


Book 3:  Chasing Harry Winston - Confession:  I sometimes enjoy reading books that can potentially lower my IQ and have absolutely no literary merit.  This is one of those books - definitely a fun beach read!

No comments:

Post a Comment